The National Council on Student Development provides professional development for higher education student development professionals. Further, it supports the understanding of and respect for all community college students and professionals through advocacy and education.
- To provide and promote leadership in student development by enhancing opportunities for training and leadership of student development professionals
- To promote and foster student development in community colleges by focusing on student success for a diverse population
- To support civic responsibility and workforce development in communities
- To be proactive and responsive to the American Association of Community Colleges in policy that affects student development
- To serve as a central repository of the collection and dissemination of information on historical, current and future trends in the field of community college student development