Terry O'Banion AwardTERRY O'BANION AWARD 2023 NOMINEES' DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 15, 2023
THE 2023 TERRY O’BANION AWARD WINNERS
– Silver Recipient –
Mesa Community College
iBelong Student Success Initiative (iPad 1:1)
– Gold Recipient –
Connecticut State Community College
CT State Leadership Academy
THE TERRY O’BANION AWARD
Nominations will be adjudicated based on the following criteria:
- Program is outstanding and has responded well to a significant need
- Program had a demonstrable impact on student outcome based upon verifiable data
- Program was delivered in innovative or creative ways
- Program in its entirety or parts could be successfully replicated at other colleges
- Program is a model of the goals of student development
- Your name and contact information.
- State the nomination is for the “Terry O’Banion Shared Journey Exemplary Practice Award”.
- Name of the program. Name and location of the college. Names and titles of the program organizers/deliverers. How long the program has been in existence.
- Why was the program developed? What need was it designed to satisfy? How had that need been recognized?
- What are the goals and objectives of the program?
- How was the program designed? Who participated in designing it?
- How does the program operate? What are its main elements or processes?
- How is the program unique or unusual? In what ways has the program been creative or innovative?
- Describe the challenges you have overcome.
- What impact has the program had? To what extent has it achieved its objectives? How have program outcomes been evaluated?
- Define the ease of replicating this program in other educational settings. What advice would you give to others trying to replicate it?