Welcome to NCSD-AACC
Our Mission and Philosophy
The National Council on Student Development (NCSD) is to promote knowledge, expertise and professional development opportunities; support decision-making based on empirical and ethical principles; and, demonstrate a commitment to the personal and professional advancement of student development professionals. The National Council on Student Development supports the understanding of and respect for all community college students and professionals through advocacy and education.
The National Council on Student Development is an affiliate council of the American Association of Community Colleges and the only organization solely dedicated to serving the needs of student development professionals in the community college.Find out more.
- To provide and promote leadership in student development by enhancing opportunities for training and leadership of student development professionals
- To promote and foster student development in community colleges by focusing on student success for a diverse cross section of students
- To enhance and support social and workforce development in communities and assist in forwarding the overall mission and effectiveness of community colleges
- To initiate and be responsive to the American Association of Community Colleges in policy formulation that affects student development
- To serve as a central collection and dissemination agency for information on historical, current and future trends in the field of community college student development
Become a NCSD Memeber
Find out about the many great beneifts you recive when you becomae a member of NCSD.